Call for Application for delivery of Continuous Professional Development for GP Trainers
The Malta College of Family Doctors (MCFD) in conjunction with the Primary Health Care Department (PHCD) calls for applications for two GP Trainers to deliver Continuous Professional Development (CPD) to GP Trainers.
Two repeat sessions of CPD will be held between September and November 2015. The two GP Trainers are required to deliver each session. Both sessions will have the same aims and objectives set jointly by the MCFD and PHCD (through the coordinators of the STPFM). Dates of these CPD sessions will be set in collaboration between the MCFD, PHCD and the chosen GP Trainers.
The chosen applicants will need to prepare and deliver the sessions with the identified aims and objectives. The MCFD and PHCD (through the coordinators of the STPFM) will jointly supervise the educational material prepared.
The PHCD will finance the chosen GP Trainers. The remuneration will be of 250 Euros per trainer per 5 hour session. This will cover preparation of educational material, delivery of the sessions, feedback to participants and evaluation feedback to the MCFD.
The MCFD will award members CPD units for participation in these sessions according to its CPD accreditation Scheme.
Applicants will be chosen according to the following criteria;
- Be a qualified GP Trainer eligible to participate as GP trainer in the STPFM. The following 3 criteria will thus need to be satisfied:
- Certification of a GP trainer needs to be either
An MCFD GP Trainer Certificate
A RCGP GP Trainer Certificate
A Level 2 EURACT Trainer Certificate
Or equivalent GP Trainer Certificate as jointly determined by the PHCD and MCFD
- 5 years working experience as Specialist in Family Medicine
- Experience as an active GP trainer for at least one year
- Previous experience in delivering GP Training and/or in delivering a Training the Trainer course will be considered as an advantage
- Knowledge of the STPFM is essential
- Must have accredited CPD in FM in the last 3 years
- Good standing with the Medical Council Malta and the Specialist Training Committee in Family Medicine is essential
Additional qualifications particular to GP Training, GP Assessment and Medical Education will be given due consideration.
Please apply by sending in an e-letter of application, your agreement to the above and your CV to the Hon. Secretary of the MCFD, Dr J Bonnici on [email protected]
and copy the Education Secretary Dr D Cassar on [email protected]
by the 15th August 2015
The MCFD and the PHCD notify applicants that these CPD sessions will only be held if at least 4 eligible applicants apply for each session.